We’re looking forward to welcoming you to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra’s 2023 Gala Celebration
performance at the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall on Sunday, September 24 at 3 pm. This is a free community concert as part of the return of Artscape. We’d like to ensure you have a pleasant experience from the time you arrive until your evening with us ends, so there are a few things we’d like to share with you before your visit:
It is going to be a busy weekend in Baltimore! With the final day of Artscape there will be several street closures in the immediate area. Getting in and out of the Meyerhoff will require more time than usual. We strongly encourage concert attendees to leave plenty of time to travel and arrive early.
The Box Office will open at 12 pm for walk-up ticket reservations.
Please be advised that parking is no longer available at the Cathedral Street Garage. We encourage all BSO patrons
to park at the Symphony Center Garage which is conveniently located across the street from the Meyerhoff.
Here is what you need to know before your next visit to the Meyerhoff:
- The Symphony Center Garage is located at 1030 Park Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21201.
- $15 day-of event parking is available to purchase upon arrival to the Symphony Center Garage.
- When purchasing parking upon arrival, cash is preferred.
- Discounted parking remains available when purchased in advance through BSOmusic.org or our Patron Support team.
New Important Parking Update
The University of Baltimore is now offering $15 pre-paid parking available for BSO patrons at the Maryland Avenue
Garage (1120 Maryland Ave, Baltimore, MD 21201) which is located across the street from the Meyerhoff.
If you’d like to purchase parking to guarantee your parking space, please follow the steps below:
- Visit https://ubalt.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal to create a Guest Login.
- Once you’ve created your account, select the appropriate permit by clicking the corresponding radio button
(Permit Description: Maryland Ave Garage / BSO Parking Permit – 9/24/2023).
- Scroll to the bottom to agree to the rules and regulations and click “Next”.
- Register your vehicle by adding your plate number and state. Click “Next” to advance to the final page.
- Review your information and select “Pay Now”.
- Select “Checkout” and enter your payment information to complete your purchase.
Upon Arrival, enter the garage at 1120 Maryland Ave, Baltimore, MD 21201.
- Using your parking confirmation email, locate your permit in the link provided (marked “Print/Scan QR Code Permit”).
- By clicking the link, via your mobile device, you will be able to access a QR to scan at the entrance gate
(this can also be printed at home).
- Scan the QR code under the red light to lift the gate’s arm for both entry and exit.
** Please take your ticket with you. You will need to use the QR code to reenter the garage through the pedestrian entrance on Biddle Street
when returning to your car after the concert.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
Additional Parking Options (and Walking Time Estimates)
- The Fitzgerald, 80 W. Oliver Street, Baltimore, MD (7 mins).
- MICA Mt Royal Station, 1400 Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD (4 mins).
- Metered street parking at your discretion.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Patron Support office at PatronSupport@BSOmusic.org or at 410.783.8000.
If you have already pre-paid for parking, please disregard this message.
- LATE SEATING
Doors open at 1:45 pm on Sunday, September 24. This concert runs approximately 1 hour with no intermission.
We know things happen, but we want to continue to encourage early arrival to ensure you are seated at the start of the concert.
Once the concert begins, late seating is at the discretion of the staff as we are to be mindful of our talented musicians. We only
permit late seating during early moments that are least likely to interfere with the concert or at intermission.
- DRINKS TO SEATS
We highly encourage early arrival to ensure you are able to take your seat to enjoy the full concert. Another perk to arriving early
is beginning your concert experience with our refreshments. And, yes, you may take your drink and other snacks to your seat!
During the concert we ask that you be mindful of our musicians and your fellow concertgoers. While we appreciate your
enthusiasm, bright lights from smartphone photography and videography can be distracting once the house lights are
lowered. Photography and videography during opening remarks and closing applause are appreciated.